Wednesday, April 1, 2015

NTS&B Phase 5-Bay and forth module

The weather has not been cooperating real well this week.  Seems that when ever I have a day to work on the layout, it's raining, or rained the previous night so my outside work area is still wet.  To make things worse, I offered to have the club meeting here in only 3 more weeks, so I've got to really get going.  I did manage to get a couple things done.  The first was to get all of the supports in for the bay area.  I then applied one of the oldest scenery techniques for making the water. It's commonly know as 'paper water'.  It's quick to apply, and doesn't need painting (April Fools !!).  I installed the paper so I would have a template to cut out the lake when I finally get the plywood installed.  I also get the next 4x8 module framed in.  Again, waiting for plywood, but at least I can now continue wiring if it's raining.  To make room, most of the 'stuff' that was on the end of the room is now under the layout, with a few more things to cut down to fit.

Bay area supports added, and paper mockup installed.

Another 4x8 module added. Room is getting smaller.

View from other side.  The big hole in the middle is where the upper level will be added.

View of overall layout


No comments: