Wednesday, May 9, 2018

NTS&B Starting Passenger Area scenery with subway entrances

Jennifer bought me a really neat subway entrance for Christmas from Lowes a few years ago.  I liked it so much, I ended up buying four more to make stairways from the passenger platforms to the (fake) people tunnel underneath. Three were just the right width for my platforms. I had to cut some off the sides of other two using a table saw, since that platform was narrower.  I also removed the paper stands from the sides and added them to the front of each entrance.  I added lights and people and installed them in the appropriate areas.  Each pair is mounted (hot glued) on a lift out platform that is aligned by pins underneath that go into the plywood, for easy maintenance.  Here is what four of them look like.



No comments: