Sunday, November 15, 2015

NTS&B Sixth Piedmont Pilgrimage Open House

My sixth Piedmont Pilgrimage turned out to be just as enjoyable as my other ones.  I had 3 full time 'helpers' (Roger & Sherry, and Bob P) , and a couple club members came over.  All told, we had 75 people including ourselves, which is another record.  Fortunately they were spread fairly evenly over the 4 hour period, so it didn't seem to be overly crowded.  The weather was cold and rainy, which may have helped attendance.  I did find out that I beat out a couple very nice HO and O gauge detailed layouts this year.

As usual, the weeks before, I worked my tail off trying to get last minute finishing touches in, mainly on the fall area and raised section..  I am still having track issues, but managed to get a couple trains that would run on each loop reliably (I thought). 

During the open house, I kept having problems on 2 tracks in the new area, and finally found 2 diesels that worked great.  We did not have any problems after that, until after we closed.  Then I laid down the Polar Express on top of the helix because I was controlling the wrong train with the remote.

From what I could tell, everyone seemed to have a good time.  I know I sure did.  Here's what the layout looked like the day before the Pilgrimage.


No comments: