Monday, February 4, 2013

NTS&B New overhead loop bridge plans A through C

 I finally got some time to work on the new ceiling loop bridge.  The original attempt (plan a below) was a little too plain for my liking, so I came up with the idea to add an arch after seeing a foot bridge of similar design.  I wanted a fairly low arch since the bridge is supposed to be low to the water and has many supports.  My first attempt for the risers (plan b below) was using the vinyl cord that is used to string beads.  The cord was too 'sticky', and could not be adjusted easily.  This ended up making the arch way to flat.   The final idea (plan c below) was to use 1/8 inch dowels for the risers, which I believe worked quite nicely.  The bridge is now complete, but I still want to put a scene underneath it.




Plan C-Bridge with Arch and dowel risers

Plan B-Bridge with Arch and Vinyl Cord

Plan A - Plain Bridge

No comments: