Friday, February 22, 2013

NTS&B 2012 Christmas Present installed

On the NTS&B, the economy is so good that towns just spring up overnight.  Actually, Kathy got me a Lemax Kringles Air Field for Christmas.  It is a blimp with a sleigh under it, and rotates on a wire hook.  I did not have a place on the layout for it that she liked, so decided to add an extension to the new upper loop and build a town around it.  The airfield is so tall, I had to drop the extension down 2 inches so it would clear the ceiling.

The LED Christmas tree is also a Lemax.  The tree and blimp are supposed to run off 4.5V DC, but the tree was so bright I ended up running them off a 2.5 V DC adapter. The houses are all LEDS and run off the same supply. The street lights are $1 Store 3V DC specials.  They were too bright also,  so I ran them 2 in series, and also off the 2.5 adapter.  Using the LEDs kept the current low enough so 1 adapter is supplying all of the devices

No comments: