Saturday, August 31, 2019

NTS&B Dedication To Kathryn


This layout is dedicated to Kathryn, my wife of 25 years, who passed away this morning at 7:20.  Even though she didn't actually work on it, she was the main influence to it's design and provided encouragement for the building of it.  She said my original plan, which was a nice simple layout down the middle of the room, was much to “Simple and Boring”.  She wanted multiple trains running over and under each other, at least 1 helix (spiral) to the ceiling, and 4 seasons (she only got 3), the Lionel Disappearing Mountain, and many other ‘minor’ layout aspects.  She even influenced the name of the layout, because she wanted something “Not To Simple and Boring” or NTS&B, which turned into “North Pole, Tinseltown South, & Bigville”.   I believe she regretted her comments on the design towards the end, but was happy with the results.  I think she just wanted to keep me out of her hair for the last 12 years. I decided to make a billboard in her honor.




No comments: