Friday, February 22, 2019

NTS&B Cable-Stayed Bridge Finished After Only A Little Over 10 Years

I finished the cable-stayed bridge on 01/12/2009.  I originally planned to have the cables illuminated with changing colors similar to Niagara Falls, but could never get it to work. I could never get the lights to illuminate the cables.  Now, only 10 years, and 1 month later, I finally have it working.  I also added side trim, and repainted it to a lighter color.  I used a multi-color LED strip with the LED's surface mounted on a copper strip.  The unit came with an IR remote-control, so you can set solid colors, or blinking or fading colors, along with the brightness.  I mounted the strip face down, to limit the light showing on the ceiling.  I cut the string in half, ran jumper wire under the track, and ran a strip on each side of the bridge.  I also had to use some diodes in series with the controller to balance out the different color LEDs.   I then added the side trim to contain the light on the bridge.  Here are some pictures. I also made a video on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfKsEvBKUwk



Bridge in 2009 and up to time of upgrade

Updated Bridge

LED strips face down on bridge

And a few pictures at night.  The camera is very light sensitive,
so the ceiling looks like it is lit up a lot more than it really is.



And now a movie.

No comments: