Friday, March 13, 2009

NTS & B Arch Bridge

I needed 1 more bridge, 4 foot long to cross the center of the layout. I decided on either an arch bridge, or a deck bridge with minimum supports so the area behind and underneath would not be blocked. My daughter Jennifer surprised me on my birthday by coming in with her family for a visit. I was showing her and her fiance Bruce what I had in mind for a bridge, so they decided to build it as a birthday present. Bruce cut the letters from a 2x4 using a hand held saber saw. The deck and ends were 1x4 pine, and the arches were made from some plastic 1/2 x 3/4 trim I had bought for another uses. Kathy suggested the Lionel colors. Jennifer did a great job with the paint, and now I have the bridge :) My son Scott and his wife Maria also visited, and Scott contributed the following pictures.




No comments: