Friday, August 15, 2008

NTS & B North Pole Loop Yard


Aug 2008-Yard is started on the upper loop. Used Gargraves 0-42 switch tracks with DZ1000 switch machines. Luckily I moved the yard to over the isle, instead of over the lower module, because I have had lots of problems with derailment. Am sending most of the tracks to Gargraves to determine problem with tracks.
Oct 2008 update-Got a call from Gargraves. They were able to duplicate the problem I was having, and are working on a fix. Apparently I am the only one who has used them at the end of a curved track !!!! The tracks I have up there now seem to be working, so I don't know if I will send them back to be repaired or not.
Jan 2009 update-Man am I lucky I moved the yard. I tried a different engine, and had problems with the 1 of the 2 non-replaced switches. Removed them and replaced with modified ones, which are now working. Will send these back along with last other non-modified switch. If that wasn't bad enough, had problems with Z1000 switch machines not completely throwing. Z-Stuff recommended oiling them in the top slot. This has helped. Remains to be seen if totally cures problem. They also sent me an internal wiring mod, but I am not willing to remove all of the machines to make a change while standing on a ladder. At least I wont have to climb over the layout also if I do have to make the change.

No comments: